Sunday, January 23, 2011

Got Crabs?

So the other day we were at the doctor's office to see our pediatrician and while waiting the kids were enjoying watching the fish swimming in circles in the salt water tank they have for them.

There were several kids around the tank which sits on ground level to be eye level to little amblers and early walkers. My son was chatting up the cute girls like always and was bragging about his pets at home. Everyone in the office gets to hos very loud boast...

I've Got Crabs at my house! They are in Mommy's room!
Of course I got eyed and lots of chuckles. He went on to say how cool they were, how cute they were...but oh my! Really!

Thanks for bringing Mom into it by the way! Oh well, we do love our little crabbies. For some reason both my kids are amazed by these usually nocturnal insect like land crabs. They have a large tank and lots of toys, so they are quite entertaining when they grace us with their presence.

Moral of the story? Hermit crabs make excellent pets for little ones, but can be embarrassing to hear about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...