Saturday, April 30, 2011

Recovery

My recovery from brain surgery is going smoothly. As well as it an go after brain surgery I guess. I have noticed that besides feeling what I like to call "woozy" (yep me and my medical jargon!) and getting very tired very quickly I have started to swell dependently. Basically my ankles are swollen in the evenings.

Pictured is my back yard. The cherry trees from a few weeks ago welcomed me home with a wonderful aroma. I recently have discovered apple, pear, dogwood and red bud trees. The house is surrounded in lilies irises, bleeding hearts, Lilly of the valley and rose bushes. Two of which I added, but three are very mature, a bit overgrown and needed pruned badly, but healthy. I can't wait to see what colors they are! As well as the peony bushes. There are tons so I hope the colors are varied. I even found snowball bushes, lilacs and forsythia.

So all in all, a beautiful place to recover! Full of color and scent! I am having trouble with handwriting still, feeling weak and needing the hand rail to get up the few stairs. I get stronger daily and feel truly blessed to be alive and whole!

I am grateful and patient and loving that my surgery is over and my life just re-beginning!

1 Comment:

  1. Rick said...
    Good to hear, Gail. Keep it up.

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...