Monday, July 19, 2010

Momma's Boy

I was changing my son yesterday and as usual hugged him into my lap when all done and told him "I love you!" He eloquently replied, "Oh. You Love me? Hmmm."

Being as ornery as he is, I asked him, "Don't you love Mommy?" and immediately thought I could see a glimpse into the future. Oh my I thought! I hope he doesn't have this conversation with any of his future girl friends.

What a disaster that would be. Can you picture it? Imagine the look on that poor gal's face. Aren't you going to say you love me too? and getting a... Hmm

My little heart breaker is growing up too fast. All babies do, but why does Mommy's little boy have to be such a man already? And why do us gals have to hear it back? I hope I can at least teach my daughter to break that cycle.

If you love someone, tell them! If they say hmm, let it go. It's better than "That's too bad" at least! These little ones start out knowing so much and we teach them all the wrong responses. I sincerely hope that when my son does fall in love he says so, and only when he's sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...