Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missing Grandma


I can vaguely remember being in a funeral home as a little girl to see that my Great Grandmother had died and was surrounded by flowers and mourners. I still remember thinking how strange it was and hoping I would never have to do that again. I can sometimes picture her face in life, but I was so young it's hard to say how much I truly remember about her on my own.

She was a strong woman that lived a long life. And yesterday my kids lost their paternal Great Grandmother. At 3 and 1, I doubt they are able to recall any of the events that will follow. I also doubt that they will have any memories of the woman that helped to shape the lives that brought them into this world.

It's always hard to loose a loved one. I try to remember that we don't own them, and need to hold them loosely. Make sure that the ones you love know it!
 
Say it, show it and prove it DAILY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...